patented Universal Garden is AHL's greatest achievement in automated
The Universal Garden is a fully-recirculating, top-watering hydroponic
system that incorporates individual grow chambers that sit right on the
floor. Floor level chambers maximize the amount of plant-to-light clearance,
encouraging maximum productivity in a garden room or greenhouse. Each
grow chamber is independently connected to a central reservoir, so the
gardener can move each chamber separately and customize the system's
configuration. Plus, to make things even easier, the UG now features
an automatic draining system.
Universal Garden Sizes:
(The number refers to the number of grow chambers included).
- Universal Garden 4, $299.95
- Universal Garden 6, $359.95
- Universal Garden 12, $509.95
- Universal Garden 18 (w/ upgrade to 30 gal reservoir), $784.95
- Universal Garden 24 (w/ upgrade to 30 gal reservoir), $922.95
- Universal Garden 36 (w/ upgrade to 50 gal reservoir), $1183.95
Available In-Store Only
- Universal Garden 48 (w/ upgrade to 50 gal reservoir), $1447.95
Available In-Store Only
Universal Gardens are available in 4-cell systems
up to 48-cell systems, and every UG is completely and easily expandable.
AHL's Universal Garden has
a TWO-YEAR WARRANTY against parts and/or workmanship defects--longer
than any other hydroponic system on the market.
The three parts of the Universal Garden are the grow chambers,
the recirculatory heart, and the nutrient reservoir.
Universal Garden 4
The grow chambers are made of three identical (2-gallon) buckets
that nest together; the top bucket holds the medium and the plant,
the middle bucket is a root catch to prevent roots from clogging
the drain lines, and the bottom bucket collects nutrient solution
before it is returned to the heart.
The recirculatory heart contains the submersible water pump which
circulates water through each grow chamber. Water is sent out from
the heart, and returned to it, through AHL's innovative counterflow
tubing assembly. This tube-within-a-tube design means one less
water line to get in your way! The recirculatory heart also contains
the system's automatic drain.
The nutrient reservoir is actually two buckets that stack together:
the bottom bucket has a float valve to maintain the right water level
in the system, while the top bucket holds the extra nutrient solution.
When water evaporates or is used by plants in the grow chambers, the
water level in the bottom reservoir bucket drops. Nutrient solution then
flows down from the top reservoir to maintain the correct water level.
For more information on the Universal Garden, please contact AHL.
Universal Garden Contents
- Complete 3-part Grow Chambers
- Recirculatory Heart with Submersible Pump & Auto Drain
- Water Reservoir
- Level Control Reservoir
- Water Flow Rings
- All fittings & tubing
- 48 on/off cycle timer
Grow rocks or other medium are NOT INCLUDED with Universal Garden systems.
Please click click here to see what is available.
(Note: 50 liters of grow rocks will fill 6 Universal Garden chambers.
One large 2 cubic foot bag of Grodan Rockwool Mini Cubes will fill about
Universal Garden Components
- UG additional grow chamber (media not included), $35.95
- UG Drip Ring, $2.39
- UG Water Line, $8.99
- UG Line Guide PVC, $0.99
- UG Heart Plug Outside, $0.29
- UG Heart Plug Inside, $0.29
- UG Water Drainage Column, $29.99
- UG 4 Heart, $189.95
- UG 6 Heart, $227.95
- UG 12 Heart, $275.95
- Float Bucket, $35.95
- UG Top Bucket, $7.95
- UG Middle Bucket, $7.95
- UG Bottom Bucket, $9.95
- Nutrient Tower w/ float Bucket (8 gal), $47.95
- 30 gal Reservoir (Float Bucket Sold Seperately), $129.99
- 50 gal Reservoir (Float Bucket Sold Seperately), $149.99
- Float Valve (heavy duty), $9.99